Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Dunkachino Disaster

As Ms. DunThat was unsuccesfully trying to get to the Aquarium with her 'rents, I was attempting to get my father to buy me a Dunkachino at Dunkin Donuts. For those of you who are not frequent Dunkin visitors, a Dunkachino is half-hot chocolate, half coffee. Anyway, so the conversation goes something like this:

Me: Dad, can you get me a medium Dunkachino and six donut holes for the kids
Dad: Donut holes? What are those?
Me: They are like, little donuts, little round things. Don't worry, they are going to know what they are, get 3 jelly flavored and 3 glazed.
Dad: What? Ok, where are my sandals? Has anyone seen my sandals?
Sister: Can you pick me up a regular coffee? Hezelnut Vanilla?
Dad: Oh no, I'm not going to be able to do this. Can someone get me a pen? I need to write this down!!!
My 3 year old: Grampa, can I come with you?
Dad: What's that now that you wnat me to get, a Grampachino?

Sooo, he writes it all down, what everyone wants. He comes back half an hour later with....four regular coffees, z smoothie, and a dozen donuts. No Dunkachino, No Munchkins, no Vanilla Hazelnut coffee for my sister. Where he got the notion in his head for these other items, I can't begin to fathom. I mean, he HAD a list...

No comments: